Get a VPN App
After you’ve done your research and decided on a VPN provider, choose a subscription, download the app, and set up a VPN.
Configure the VPN
Leading VPN providers provide simple VPN apps that do not require extensive technological knowledge. Install a VPN, enter your login details, and you’re ready to go.
You can also access the VPN settings to enable or disable additional features, such as the Detonator and swap procedures.
Join a VPN server
You can also connect to a specific country by clicking on a country pin or scrolling down the server list and selecting the one you want to connect to.
Using a VPN on Various Platforms
The VPN app is available for Windows, macOS, iPhone, and Android. Here’s how to download, install, and start using VPNs on these platforms.
- Use a VPN on Windows. Install a VPN for Windows on your computer. After signing into your account, click Quick connect to interact with the swiftest server accessible. You could also choose a server from the left menu’s list of countries or tap it on the map.
- Within a few seconds, the status will change to Connected, along with the server’s location and IP address.
- On Windows, a pop-up should verify that you are successfully connected.
On macOS, use a VPN:
- Install the VPN app for Mac from the App Store and create an account.
- The Quick connect button is located in the app’s upper right corner.
- A pop-up will appear to confirm that you have successfully connected.
On Android, use a VPN:
- Android users can get a VPN from the Play Store.
- In the app, tap Quick connect or scroll to the bottom to choose a server from the list of countries available.
On iOS, use a VPN:
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store and get the VPN iOS app.
- Once connected, the country’s pin will turn green, a message will appear saying “Connected to (country),” and a VPN icon will appear at the top of your screen.
When using browser extensions, use a VPN:
VPN is a Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browser extension. Consider that the extension is not the same as the app because it only protects your browser’s traffic, not your computer’s traffic, as the VPN app does. Using a VPN extension will transform your browser’s IP address, but you will still be able to use your original IP address for other connections.
- Install the extension and sign in with your preferred browser.
- Select a country or click Quick connect.
Install a VPN on your Router:
You can also protect every device connected to your Wi-Fi router by installing a VPN. You can then share your account with family members, enable a VPN on their devices, and protect them from online threats.
Why should everyone use a VPN?
Monitoring by ISPs, unsafe public Wi-Fi and the constant threat of malware infections are all reasons to use a VPN. As fully-featured security and privacy app, VPN could help you get better deals, stay safe online while traveling, and even prevent ransomware and worrisome websites.