We are increasingly reliant on our smartphones these days. It’s becoming progressively essential to be able to browse the web securely and discretely on your phone, just as it is on your desktop or laptop. This enhanced level of privacy and anonymity can be obtained through a VPN. When you use a VPN, all data you transmit and receive is encoded and routed through an external server. This significantly improves data security while also increasing your anonymity.
This article will walk you through setting up a VPN connection on your iPhone.
Setting a VPN Connection on an iPhone
Setting up a VPN on an iPhone is similar to doing so on an iPad. However, there are a few minor differences. That’s why we’ve decided to divide these step-by-step instructions. First, we’ll show you how to install a VPN on your iPhone, and then we’ll show you how to do it on your iPad.
With the assistance of these guides, you will undoubtedly be able to configure a VPN on your device.
Setting up a VPN on an iPhone without the use of an App
You can also change your network settings to configure a VPN on your iPhone. This works like this:
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select “General.”
- Look for “VPN” at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Add VPN configuration…”
- Enter your VPN provider’s information here. These are frequently available on the website of the VPN service provider of your choice.
- Click “Done,” and your changes will be saved.
- Turn on the VPN by clicking the toggle next to your created VPN profile. The VPN is now active (the “VPN” icon at the top of your iPhone screen indicates this).
Setting up VPN on iPhone using an App
Many VPNs have an iOS app that is simple to install. Installing it should be similar to installing any other app from the App Store.
Here’s step-by-step guidance for signing up for a VPN and installing the app on your iPhone:
- Sign up for an account with your preferred VPN provider’s website.
- Download the VPN app from your VPN provider’s website, or open the App Store and search for and install the VPN app from your VPN provider.
- Sign in to the account you created.
- You have successfully installed the VPN app and are logged in. You’ll be taken to the app’s home screen now. You can select different options and adjust your settings depending on your VPN provider.
- Change the server to the desired location and activate the VPN if necessary. Typically, this is accomplished with the click of a button. You should now see an icon on your iPhone screen indicating that the VPN is active.
Which VPN Service is Best for iOS?
ExpressVPN is one of the top three VPNs for iPhone, iPad, and iOS. That ends up being the best VPN for iOS. ExpressVPN is fast, secure, and has an easy-to-use interface that we believe is suitable for iOS.
Why should we use a VPN on our iPhones?
Everyone uses a VPN for different reasons. The most familiar causes are as follows:
- To safeguard themselves against malicious hackers
- The ability to use public internet safely, even while on vacation
- To grant access to company-specific networks, such as working from home
- To conceal your IP address
- To anonymously download torrents;